[News] Open Source Companies Work /Together/ (Sharing Code, Protocols)

Alliances of convenience -- Surviving in a competitive Open Source market

,----[ Quote ]
| Those APIs or interfaces might be for single sign-on or a common
| data repository. It's a way of really reducing the work that each
| vendor has to do, because all these apps ultimately should be able
| to work in a cohesive environment together, and also opening these
| APIs up to the open source community or for anyone to use for
| any applications whether proprietary or open source.
`----

http://www.itworldcanada.com/a/Daily-News/53ed9274-6a05-4733-ba2d-7389214d2835.html
http://tinyurl.com/ysbsc8

Unlike this one from yesterday:

Office Communications Server 2007 to hit public beta later this month

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=305