Re: [News] The Guardian on Starting to Sell Linux PCs

Mark Kent wrote:
If you think selling Linux is easy, why not beat Dell to it?

,----[ Quote ]
| Why don't the people asking Dell for Linux PCs start their own
| companies and do likewise? If there's a market, it should be
| really easy. And unlike Mike, you won't even have to beat IBM.
`----

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/insideit/story/0,,2028451,00.html

snipped off * * * * * * *
Fact: There are over 200 vendors of computers who offer GNU/Linux pre-installed, and who are very competitive in the various priced system levels. http://www.linux.org/vendor/#system

In fact, when compared to a Dell system that has Microsoft OS, plus other offerings, that are mostly 'trial versions',
as have at least a dozen reviewers in the press in the past several months, it costs an additional $950 to activate all the proper malware and virus protection schemes, plus, the Microsoft Office and Photoshop products, that are not even necessary in a GNU/Linux environment, or are included FREE!

Dell markets one system at many prices, with 'discounts' that fade or shift, from one day to the next. Their confusing offers drive the prices up. Consumers get the shaft from Dell, and now, with 'service' in Bangalore, folks reading the 'monkey script', customers are dazed, confused, lost.

But, most importantly, Michael Dell is not really comprehending the power of the FREE GNU/Linux forums for friendly help that already is a powerful infrastructure along with Linux Users Groups worldwide!

The troubleshooting sequence is concrete in GNU/Linux, and the other 'Nix OS clones, because they are stable and the source code is visible to all.

Running upto 50X faster in processes, while concurrent multi-processing
upto 4000 open windows, in 20 desktop environments, on my old Pentium class systems, and my old Macs, GNU/Linux just out-performs ANYTHING the multiple convicted Felon Pirate Monopolist Thief Microsoft has ever put out.

Right now, more hardware works in GNU/Linux, than can run in that bloated crapware VISTA! Without the "114,000 Microsoft Virus Definitions"!

Go to the google.com search for the shootouts between Microsoft and anything else, and see what a loser the multiple convicted felon Microsoft really is!