Re: Linux accounting system ..

__/ [ walterbyrd ] on Tuesday 06 March 2007 21:16 \__

>> Care to lend them a hand? With Open Source, you make and /OWN/ your
>> software. You give and take.
>
> Sorry, I don't speak French.
>
> I'm all for F/OSS, but whether this particular product is useful for
> somebody's particular need is what's at issue.

True. But the 'take home', I suppose, is that by translating the package to
suit your needs and then _contributing the changes_ means that many others
will enjoy it. Likewise, other users will fix bugs and enhance the software
_for you_. It's reciprocal. You give and you get. And you get satisfaction
knowing that you help build the software that you use, for free. That's what
the GPL spirit is about. There's some obligation. BSD doesn't have that.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Open minds, open source
Mem:    514480k total,   483140k used,    31340k free,     7968k buffers