Re: [News] California Settlement - No More 'Funny Money'

http://digg.com/hardware/FREE_HARDWARE_for_schools_from_a_Microsoft_lawsuit_settlement_in_California#c5522747
>> http://tinyurl.com/38qb6z
>
> Ahh, about time, too.  The distribution of software vouchers from
> Microsoft was one of the worst bits of corruption I've ever seen;  this
> is a critical and fundamental step forward, which will hopefully show
> the way for all the subsequent actions against Microsoft.

Perhaps a better link is the ref. article itself:-

" The donated settlement benefits can be redeemed for cash after the
purchase of any new desktop, laptop, tablet computers, printers, scanners,
monitors, keyboards, pointing devices, or any non-custom desktop software,
sold by any company, not just Microsoft, as set forth in the Settlement
Agreement"

http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/et/st/etvfaq.asp