Re: Dell is Consoring Its Web Site, Deletes "Dell makes excuses for backing off Linux"

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 13:56 \__

After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
wisdom:

Corporate power is the new government. It is above the law, it writes the
law and it has the resources to behave like a nanny.
It is not all that new, either. Eisenhower, for example, noted it.

"Eisenhower". Now that's a big 'word'. I wonder if the current Commander in Chief knows what it is, let alone understand the problem he lets his industry create. People around the world are beginning to hate America not just because of politics, but also because of its predatory and imperialistic industry, which knows neither bounds nor ethics.

Truly, I'm concerned. I have family in the States. I just know how America is
perceived nowadays... and it's isolating itself from the world, Europe
included.

I'm worried about the UK, the most-surveilled society in the world. From what I'm reading, I half-wonder if a man can take a piss in the woods over there without a camera catching him in the act.

I'm also worried about Australia -- I had some conversations in another NG with someone there recently, and it sounds like the same game with inflated real estate and run amok lenders is going on there also.

But there's one silver lining in America's cloud. The current trends are nonsustainable, and must eventually produce a nodal inflection. Once it's fully outsourced manufacturing jobs, trade work, and (increasingly) skill IT work abroad, the entire economy will recede and need to regroup.

I'm frankly hoping that it does NOT rebuild.

Rather, we just need to provide a tiny nudge -- and outsource corporate management (itself) along with the rest. Good riddance to the whole monstrosity.