Re: Dell is Consoring Its Web Site, Deletes "Dell makes excuses for backing off Linux"

Verily I say unto thee, that Paul Bramscher spake thusly:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Truly, I'm concerned. I have family in the States. I just know how
>> America is perceived nowadays... and it's isolating itself from the
>> world, Europe included.

> I'm worried about the UK, the most-surveilled society in the world. From
> what I'm reading, I half-wonder if a man can take a piss in the woods
> over there without a camera catching him in the act.

And don't forget about biometric ID cards, and the (now) *national*
health records database that virtually any medical worker can tap into
(previously limited to *just* one's GP, and those he referred to, for
confidentiality).

Personally I'm prepared to give up the vote altogether, after all it's a
Hobson's choice between the Tory Party, or the other Tory Party. I don't
just need to find a new political party, I need to find a new country.

> I'm also worried about Australia -- I had some conversations in another
> NG with someone there recently, and it sounds like the same game with
> inflated real estate and run amok lenders is going on there also.
>
> But there's one silver lining in America's cloud.  The current trends
> are nonsustainable, and must eventually produce a nodal inflection. Once
> it's fully outsourced manufacturing jobs, trade work, and (increasingly)
> skill IT work abroad, the entire economy will recede and need to regroup.
>
> I'm frankly hoping that it does NOT rebuild.
>
> Rather, we just need to provide a tiny nudge -- and outsource corporate
> management (itself) along with the rest.  Good riddance to the whole
> monstrosity.

Assuming the entire management workforce of America was outsourced to
India, the only political consequence would be the substitution of one
corrupt power with another. Greed follows the money.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 22:35:48 up 12 days, 10:01,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00