Novell: will be forced to use Microsoft IPX (NWLink) ..

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Translation: all your fast tracks belong (sic) to us.

The silence is deafening .. -------

To: Dave Miller
From: Ben Hendrick
CC:
Subject: Follow-up questions for Novell NT Requester. -Reply -Forwarded
Date Thursday, November 9, 1995 I 1:43 AM

Dave,

Here are the details you requested from me in our discussion yesterday. The bottom line is Microsoft is not providing us with the information we need for features to include with our clients on Win95 and Win NT.

Essentially, we have two options. Reverse engineer Microsofts shipping stuff till we get the information we need for our clients (Which takes months that slips the schedule and requires lots of people we don’t have) or concede ODI, IPX, TCPIP, and other LAN Drivers and Protocols that we were leaders at and just build NCP requesters that hook into NDIS and NWLINK.

However, we will still be dependent on Microsoft getting us the info and interfaces for these NCP requesters. This is the current dilemma facing the Client group. Either way, Microsoft needs to share this information with us in a timely manner in order for us to deliver clients that will expose our current and future NetWare offerings.

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02428.pdf

NWLink: Microsoft implementation of IPX/SPX

NDIS : Microsoft proprietary spec

--

court documents in the case of Comes v. Microsoft.