Re: [OT] Just for fun

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Just for fun
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:32:03 +0100
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:gfWK+jG9BtQx4lVYpz3gTEG/i9c=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Kier ] on Sunday 18 March 2007 16:41 \__
>
>> okay, this isn't Linux-related, it's just for a laugh on this rather
>> breezy Sunday afternoon.
>>
>> What's the oddest thing anyone here has ever done with a portable media
>> player they own?
>>
>> Very late last night I was out walking along a local riverside footpath,
>> which is completely unlit, the only illumination coming from streetlights
>> across the river, and the moon when present. I noticed some dark blobs on
>> the pathway, which seemed to be moving. Using the light provided by my
>> Archos 404 player's screen, I discovered they were small frogs, obviously
>> off on some habitat migration. Never seen such a thing before, especially
>> at two in the morning. Must have been about twenty of them scattered along
>> the path for some distance, and jolly hard to was to avoid treading on
>> them in the dark - an Archos LCD screen doesn't give out a whole lot of
>> light!
>>
>> Dunno what they thought of me, but I thought they were very cute :-)
>
> Brightly-lit screens make excellent flashlights. People use their PDA
> for

No they don't. They make shit flash lights. They are handy in a cramped
dark environment but that is about all. Hence a lot of newer phones have
torches built in.

> this fairly regularly. These are many other odd irregular uses for PDAs and
> a couple of years ago there was a large discussion about this in one of the
> Palm newsgroups. Someone wrote a Web pages about, so we contributed ideas,
> based on experience. Some use it as a mirror, some say they would even
> balance a table with it.
>
> I dropped my PDA three times today. Bad day for me, but the PDA endured
> everything (just some extra scratches, which is a visual thing)...

Scratches are a visual thing? Thanks for that Roy. You have enlightened
the masses once more with the depth of your insight.