Re: [News] Press Unhappy with Microsoft's 'Bad-mouth Strategy'; Bundling Prioritised

  • Subject: Re: [News] Press Unhappy with Microsoft's 'Bad-mouth Strategy'; Bundling Prioritised
  • From: Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:30:19 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:31:10 -0400,
 Aunty Diluvian <AuntyDiluvian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>When a company starts bashing another company's success it is usually
>>a symptom of serious internal problems.
>>

> Exactly right. Just like the MS bashing that is so prevalent
> in COLA and the Linux community?
>
> Or doesn't that work for you?

if you were talking about companies, you might have a point.

As it is...

>>Microsoft is trying to be a "jack-of-all-trades" and like a war on
>>many fronts, it will weaken your comapny and zap you in the end.
>>They should be doing only one thing...producing a viable operating
>>system...period.
>>

> Again, you're correct. Linux should be trying to make a "viable"
> operating system.  It doesn't seem to be working after how many years?

Works great, and getting better all the time. MS sometimes works ok, and
oaften backslides into working not so ok.

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, President of DEC, World Future Society Convention, 1977