Re: [News] Press Unhappy with Microsoft's 'Bad-mouth Strategy'; Bundling Prioritised

  • Subject: Re: [News] Press Unhappy with Microsoft's 'Bad-mouth Strategy'; Bundling Prioritised
  • From: John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:18:19 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

>Exactly right. Just like the MS bashing that is so prevalent
>in COLA and the Linux community?
>
>Or doesn't that work for you?

I'm talking about a large corporation thats putting 75,000
employees and a lot of stock holders at risk...not a COLA.  Balmer's
remarks are simply irresponsible.

>>Microsoft is trying to be a "jack-of-all-trades" and like a war on
>>many fronts, it will weaken your comapny and zap you in the end.
>>They should be doing only one thing...producing a viable operating
>>system...period.
>>

>Again, you're correct. Linux should be trying to make a "viable"
>operating system.  It doesn't seem to be working after how many years?

Linux is quite viable...esspecilly in the server arena. I have two
desktop installations of Ubuntu that work extremelly well.
NO crashes, NO spyware, No viruses...very nice.