Re: [News] Windows Spewage (SPAM) Leads to Stock Market Overhaul

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Spewage (SPAM) Leads to Stock Market Overhaul
  • From: BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:01:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
John Bailo wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Spam Made Up 94% Of All E-Mail In December
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "The major event in communications security is the emergence of
>> | botnets. This has changed the game, the dynamics, and economics
>
> Which would make you wonder -- if you sold servers, networks, storage
> and bandwidth -- wouldn't you want spam to exist?

Yes, and to my mind that can be the only reason spam is still going on. It
is so easy for the ISP's and hosts to spot spam traffic and block it.

Ok, chances are they will also stop what some countries see as legitimate
advertising. But I personally don't see any unsolicited selling, whether
it's in my email or at my front door or on my phone, as solicited. I would
block the lot.