Re: [News] Microvell Disses Red Hat Again

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
> Chief Marketing Officer for Novell - Who can you trust?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | For months now I've been biting my tongue and sitting on the
> | sidelines as comment after comment from executives at Red Hat
> | go unchallenged about Novell, our Linux business and our
> | partnership with Microsoft. In truth, you won?t hear anything
> | emanating from Red Hat about the value of interoperable Linux
> | and Windows solutions. No, it?s far easier to patronize Novell,
> | question our motivations and intentions, and challenge the
> | integrity of our company.
> `----

I keep wondering what kind of interoperabillity they're talking about? SAMBA
already works fine and most web-standards (such as WS-*) are available on
both Linux and Windoze alike.

Aside from that, Microsoft is intentionally screwing SMB to throw sand into
the SAMBA-interoperabillity engine. So how can they be trusted on
interoperabillity? Answer: they can't. As for Mono and .NET, well, too much
has been written about this already, no need for me to dredge these up
again, go find it yourself using Google.

Novell is completely misguided, plain stupid or malicious about their
interoperabillity claims. The best solution is simply not to have any
interoperabillity at all, since being interoperable means being dependent on
someone who whishes Linux nothing but ill. Linux is already strong enough to
go it alone, no help needed from the convicted monopolist from Redmond.