Re: [News] [Linux] Chris Pirillo Frustrated with Windows, Advised to Try Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 20 May 2007 01:37 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that Jeanette spake thusly:
>
>> Linspire is old and broken. I doubt he will even get it working.  Why
>> would someone suggest linspire to him?
>
> The most recent Linspire release was only one year ago, uses kernel-2.6,
> xorg-6.9, and most other packages are fairly recent too, so frankly I
> don't think it's *that* old. Are you suggesting that if a OS is older
> than one year that it magically stops working? If that were true, then
> XP would've died 4.5 years ago.
>
> Also (Lin|Free)spire development is now based on Ubuntu, and they've
> made a cross-deal with Canonical for CNR. I don't think anyone could
> accuse *Ubuntu* of being "old", do you?

My current Linux installation goes back to 2003. It does everything I need
and never gives me a hard time. Luckily, I have not had any hardware issues.

Linspire has recently joined forced with Ubuntu, so their product should not
decsend below some of the most popular of distros. Perception and image are
an issue... Carmon(e)y's sidling with the Enderle Shill was among those
unforgettable mistakes.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
roy      pts/3                         Sat May 19 18:28   still logged in