Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Says It Won't Sue, Wants More Novell-like Deals

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

> Does anyone still believe that the anti-charter posters here are
> unrewarded for their efforts?

With one or two exceptions (known ex-employees) I really can't believe
these Trolls are all directly on Microsoft's payroll, however I do
believe they are financially motivated, one way or another.

My best guess is that they are dinosaurs, Luddites, dead wood, relics of
a bygone age, who believe they need to preserve the proprietary world in
which they grew up in order to assure their futures. There's that, and
the fact that most of them are probably MS shareholders.

The world has changed, and keeps changing. We're moving into a more
services oriented marketplace - even Microsoft concurs with that, as
their recent activities have shown.

The Trolls seem to be motivated by fear. They're suffering from chronic
insecurity. We should pity them.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| 'Also, no one calls it PCI-X even though that's the "official "
| shortening of the much more commonly used "PCI Express".'
|    - Hardon Quirk, COLA's resident "genius".
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 15:22:44 up 32 days, 12:54,  0 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.16