[News] [Linux] Did Microsoft Pull Figures Out of Its *Ahem* Behind?

How dumb does Microsoft think we are?

,----[ Quote ]
| You can't make this stuff up. Top Microsoft blogger Mary Jo Foley
| asked, "What kinds of tools/processes did Microsoft use to
| determine which open-source code allegedly infringes on
| Microsoft's patents?" Their answer: "No further details
| are available at this time."
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/tux-love/2007/05/microsoft_fuding_to_hide_its_f.html

[Microsoft FUD:] Stop me if this sounds familiar . . . .

,----[ Quote ]
| Sen. Joe McCarthy of Wisconsin made a speech in Wheeling, W. Va., in
| which he said he had a list of 205 names of State Department employees
| "that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of
| the Communist Party."
`----

http://larrytheopensourceguy.wordpress.com/2007/05/16/stop-me-if-this-sounds-familiar/

Microsoft's anti-Linux patent claims: Arm-twisting for Novell-like deals

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's recent Linux patent violation tirade, courtesy of reporting
| done by Fortune magazine, might have all the markers of an SCO trial
| repeat, but IP attorney John Rabena doesn't think it will end up that way.
|
| Instead, Microsoft is probably jockeying for position to generate more
| Novell-type agreements with the bigger Linux players, said Rabena, an
| intellectual property attorney based in the Washington, D.C., offices of
| Sughrue Mion.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1255401,00.html

Microsoft: FUDing to Hide its Fears?