Re: [News] Journalism Still Filled with Tainted Corporate Agenda (Including Microsoft's)

__/ [ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 16 May 2007 20:11 \__

>> Who? Vista? Longhorn? It's already done. All the major features have been
>> castrated because the code is akin to lego bricks that can barely even
>> stand a patch without breaking something. When a company is unable to
>> patch software properly, would you expect a radical redesign or inclusing
>> of new innovative features?
>>
>> "Shipping is a feature, too", says Microsoft.
>
> Actually, I think lego bricks better describes Linux in that it is very
> modular and easily customized.  Windows, in contrast, seems to be made
> from a variety of ill-fitting pieces that are super-glued together.  Try
> to make any major changes, and you end up breaking the entire mess.

Yeah,I sort of knew the lego analogy was assiated with Linux, but I wrote
this quickly. :-)

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
Cpu(s):  23.7% user,   3.9% system,   0.6% nice,  71.8% idle