Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Says It Won't Sue, Wants More Novell-like Deals

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 15 May 2007 09:47 \__

> On Tue, 15 May 2007 08:15:04 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> That depends entirely on whether or not their claims are valid.
>>> Failure to support a claim doesn't mean the claim isn't valid.
>
> Oh, I wonder if *this* is why "Ewik the Weasel" believes his spurious
> "claims" don't need to be supported?
> You know the ones:
> Why can't M$ TTFonts be used in linux.
>
> How did the Morris worm spread by email?
>
> What about the "thousands of root exploits per month" he claimed,
> (& was then found to be making it all up)?
>

> What was the plan he was going to reveal wrt adding nonsensical
> lines to the ends of Roy's posts? You know, the plan he was going to
> tell us about before he spent a week away and fell behind? Right? The
> time he fell behind by a week and had to take 3 or more months to get
> caught up with posts?
> Just what *was* that plan he claimed he was going to amaze us with?
>

>>> You should know that.
>>
>> Yes, we know. SCO has shown us that.
>> And they had "millions of lines of stolen code" to withhold from us
>
> IMO if someone makes claims, they *should* be prepared to back it up with
> solid proof, & *not* strawman arguments....like Ewik the Weasel.

Add this one where he ran away from the argument despite the fact that I
explicitly asked for an answer (at least twice). This was visible to me
because he modified the subject line to mock and stick labels.

===