[News] [Linux] Knippix Support 'Live Virtualisation'

Knoppix offers OpenVZ virtualization test drive

,----[ Quote ]
| Using a specially equipped Knoppix Linux 5.5.1 bootable CD, companies
| looking to see how server virtualization might fit into their IT plans
| can now run OpenVZ virtualization software instead of having to
| install and configure the full program.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9019138&source=rss_news50

Related:

Who needs Windows Vista when you can have Knoppix 5.1.1 Live DVD?

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, in the first place there is no comparison between the two.
| In fact, there can't be any. Why? Simply because, Windows Vista
| is plain Operating system, with very little bundled apps. Whereas,
| Knoppix is complete Operating System bundled with hundreds of
| software that ranges from games to office!
|
| When you install Windows Vista (it requires whopping 6.7GB hard
| disk space at a bare minimum!), what you will get is - much hyped
| 3D aqua Desktop, a so-called secure operating system that bugs you
| to hell - by asking for every stupid task to Continue. In addition
| to that, It had about a dozen utilities such as paint, notepad,
| wordpad and a few games.
`----

http://raviratlami1.blogspot.com/2007/03/who-needs-windows-vista-when-you-can.html

A quick look at KNOPPIX 5.1.1... with Beryl

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2383