Re: Microsoft For Sale?

__/ [ flyer ] on Friday 25 May 2007 03:41 \__

> In article <K6mdnbovrs9ddMjbnZ2dnUVZ_tmknZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx says...
>>
>> Think about it.
>>
>> Even the slowest amoung them must know it's over.
>>
>> They have to sell now or keep losing money.
>>
>> So, they buy Aquantive to add some value and sweeten the deal.
>>
>> There must be someone who wants an aging OS company that could turn it
>> around and allow it to compete with FLOSS.
>>

> At first it sounds silly. But then thinking about it...
>
> Stockholders are perhaps tired of diving MS stocks. Time to renew the old
> pig.

Actually, the stocks keep stable but it's akin to a ship filled with holes
and hundreds of people using buckets to keep the water off board. There have
been very aggressive buybacks going on for quite some time. Investors leave
while Microsoft's cash fills the gap. It's not sustainable in the long run.
The company has lost over half of its savings in the past 2 years alone.

You can use all the buckts available, but the ship is still full of holes and
there's no solution in sight (no killer Microosft product on the horizon,
just killing projects like Origami, XBox, and Zune). Microsoft tries to move
to subscription-based/ad-assisted models and so far it has failed miserably.
The propaganda (e.g. Get the Facts) is very expensive too.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
Tasks: 122 total,   1 running, 118 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie