Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office Has Serious Zero-day Flaw (Not Just a Bad Bunny)

Verily I say unto thee, that Peter KÃhlmann spake thusly:
> [H]omer wrote:

>>> Microsoft investigates new Office zero-day flaw
>> I don't know who coined the phrase "zero-day flaw", but AFAICT it's
>> nonsense.
>>
>> The term "zero-day" refers to an *exploit* or *warez* released on the
>> *same day* as an official software release.
>
> Not necessarily. It is also used as a moniker for exploits for bugs which
> are either just discovered or which are not even "officially" known.

Still ... seems to be stretching the definition a bit.

--
K.
http://slated.org

,----
| <This sig left intentionally blank>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 15:39:12 up 38 days, 13:11,  1 user,  load average: 0.29, 0.14, 0.12