Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 08 November 2007 20:10 : \____

> ray wrote:
>> Clogwog wrote:
>>
>>> StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect
>>> rampant stupidity in written English!
>>> http://stupidfilter.org/main/ The linuxfucks get their tail
>>> bitten! LMFAO!
>>
>> Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
>> intact.

Not here. Your (Ray's) message was an orphan because "Clogwog" is sent
to /dev/null at server level.

> There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread.
> Linux is succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

It is a question of momentum and with many millions of Ubuntu users running
around and promoting GNU/Linux, advocacy is /everywhere/. Why do you think
Dell, H-P, Lenovo and several other large OEMs were pressured to preinstall
GNU/Linux? We owe a lot of it to enthusiastic new users who understand that a
new PC doesn't have to be a nuisance (Vista). Advocacy loses its point when
you go /well/ past the tipping point (which is now behind us, IMHO)

Roy S. Schestowitz
 20:05:02 up 9 days, 16 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.41, 1.48, 1.50