COLA Stats: Saturday the 17th of November, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 17th of November, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:41:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.26

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1390 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     435 1375701    10%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  108   99568    54%
   3. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            87   86296    24%
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 87 1714179     4%
   5. Ewik FUDenbusch                                   63   96299    57%
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      44   52037    68%
   7. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                       41   29197    49%
   8. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         37   17331    27%
   9. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               33   75516    71%
  10. amicus_curious - Troll                            31   56904    56%
  11. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   29   71916    26%
  12. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               25   24062    27%
  13. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    24   13701    66%
  14. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                19   18856    45%
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        18   23932    72%
  16. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          17   18807    78%
  17. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           16   20993    54%
  18. bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx <bmillerjacobson@gmai   15   13040    58%
      dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  15   22069    71%
  20. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist              14   12095    75%
  21. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                         13   12987    46%
  22. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               12   16496    87%
      Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 12   24057    67%
      skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                12   36631    76%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>               12   12740    68%
  26. BearItAll                                         11   19141    35%
  27. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                           10   16952    74%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>           10   13967    30%
  29. Matt - Troll                                       9    6422    76%
  30. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                8    6947    32%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Could it be? Something Windows can do but Linux ca       83  105453
   2. Virus in Linux, an impossibility?                        45   80634
   3. How to make the trolls go away                           42   34157
   4. [News] 'Father of UNIX' Goes Open Source, Grid OS        38   37166
   5. Why are the Window's users here in this forum so a       31   50381
   6. A question of Vista...                                   25   34790
   7. smith, where's the proof I nymshift here ..              23   28691
   8. [News] Proprietary Software Rejected for Supercomp       22   18361
   9. GNU/Linux a better deal than Vista ..                    21   36814
      TROLLS ARE UP...                                         21   44562
  11. The Vista Death Watch (Dvorak)                           20   23406
      'Father of UNIX' Goes Open Source, Grid OS Reveale       20   27466
      Foul Play at Microsoft's Sister (Departement of Ju       20   22454
  14. Hans Reiser story on 20/20 right now                     19   29946
  15. Acacia patents pre-compiling and linking ..              16   29855
      Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE       16   14750
  17. ODF officially dead                                      15   18295
  18. MS XSS                                                   13   10338
      New to this Linux lark - advice please                   13   17216
  20. [News] Regarding copyright infringement                  11   20288
      If msft were to cease operations today...                11    9850
      [News] [Rights] New Laws Used to Steal Freedoms Aw       11   13796
  23. LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs       10 1612530
      A bit of Linux Advocacy...                               10   22437
  25. 7000+ beautiful Russian women                             8    5487
      Acacia loses patent case ..                               8   17439
      Microsoft Pulls Another RIAA: DRM on Software (aka        8   11937
  28. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Still Tries to Buy Market        7   14682
      Software for Voting Machines                              7    9442
      [News] [Humour] Linux Software 'Pulls a Vista' on         7   14557
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    135
   2. Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  83
   3. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           63
      Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  63
   5. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                51
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     48
   7. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        29
   8. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              21
   9. bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>            19
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         19
  11. amicus_curious - Troll                                           18
  12. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                      17
  13. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                               16
  14. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   14
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          14
      dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 14
  17. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              13
      skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               13
  19. Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                12
      ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                              12
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          12
  22. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          11
  23. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       10
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              10
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        10
  26. Matt - Troll                                                      9
      Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                              9
      BearItAll                                                         9
  29. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               7
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         7
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              26  24
   2. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                          20  61
   3. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 17  39
   4. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    14  38
   5. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 11   3
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       8  28
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                7  29
   8. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              6  40
   9. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             5   6
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                       5  50
  11. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                        4   5
      amicus_curious - Troll                                        4  13
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4  24
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                               4   6
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    3  17
      owl <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     3  75
      skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            3  25
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                       3  19
  19. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                          2  14
      Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                            2  11
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                           2  17
      HangEveryRepubliKKKan <Justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     2  29
  23. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           1  13
      Mark South <mark.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1 100
      Bob Tennent <BobT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              1  50
      DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                   1   2
      Night0wl <etillman@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               1  33
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        1 100
      Edwin - Troll                                                 1 100
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                           1  33
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    146
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                80
   3. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              74
      bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>            74
   5. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           72
   6. ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                              70
   7. ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                        64
   8. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  60
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          58
      Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                58
  11. skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               56
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         56
  13. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              54
  14. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          53
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          53
  16. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        51
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     50
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              50
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        50
  20. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       47
  21. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   45
  22. dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 37
  23. HangEveryRepubliKKKan <Justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        33
  24. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              29
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roger Blake <rogblake10@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              1
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           535
   2. slrn                                                            286
   3. Thunderbird                                                     187
   4. G2/1.0                                                           81
   5. Pan                                                              72
   6. 40tude_Dialog                                                    63
   7. Microsoft Outlook Express                                        56
   8. Microsoft Windows Mail                                           31
   9. Forte Agent                                                      22
  10. Claws Mail 2.10.0 (GTK+ 2.12.0; i486-pc-linux-gnu)               17
  11. tin                                                              11
  12. Gnus                                                             10
  13. Microsoft-Entourage                                               2
      ProNews/2                                                         2
      Microhard Lookout                                                 2
  16. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 07:39:55 up 5 days,  4:33,  1 user,  load average: 0.34, 0.22, 0.20