Re: [News] [Rival] Greenpeace Slaps Microsoft Over Toxic Chemicals

* [H]omer fired off this tart reply:

>> Greenpeace: Vista could trigger a deluge of electronic waste
>
> I don't think Siân Berry has much to worry about, given Vista's
> rather lacklustre uptake.

But but... Microsoft has 80 million license sales in hand!

Although Vista is in use at work, on some big-ass (17") Acer laptops, I
was talking to a guy at an oyster roast.  He bought a computer for
around $400-500.  It had Vista, and it had problems.  He said they
finally figured out he needed to buy a different graphics card,
something like $150.  He said to hell with it, returned the computer,
and went back to his MacBook.

Just a personal Vista anecdote.

But hell, I don't even like XP.  And Vista!  Furgeddaboudit!

I will never buy a pre-loaded system again, even if I have to go no-name
to do it.  (Exception:  wife want a new machine, and still wants
Windoze, even as she hears about Vista -- we'll see).

--
Tux rox!