Re: Why does Roy Schestowitz list Windows and Visual Basic skills on his resume?

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS
<nospam@xxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:18:18 -0400
<F9hNi.118$9a.100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> Offhand, looks like we've got maybe 40% or so of SnagIt
>> covered, although not neatly packaged by a long shot.
>> Another 10% might be packaged if one is an expert (and if
>> one is not...good luck; you'll need it!).  Another 30%
>> would probably be covered by a competent paint program
>> such as GIMP.
>
> It's shareware, so you can download it and try it for 30 days.  Then all the
> mystery will be gone.

I don't run Windows.  Oh, the horror, to be denied the
rights of running SnagIt Software because I have the
wrong OS!

</sarcasm>

>>> But why use a crappy solution like Gimp when SnagIt is a specialized
>>> tool for capturing and altering screenshots?
>>
>> And GIMP is crappy precisely...why?  Because you say so?
>
> I didn't mean to say GIMP was altogether crappy - just that it's not the
> correct/specialized tool for screen capture work.

And SnagIt is?  SnagIt looks like a multipurpose tool anyway.
Might be useful to somebody; not sure it meets my needs,
which are already satisfied by GIMP anyway; capture,
crop, plop is about the extent thereof.

>> And SnagIt, by helping Windows, helps Microsoft.  Again.
>
> Yep.  But MS is dying, with one foot in the grave as we speak, and a few
> SnagIt sales won't help.

Migawd.  And here I thought you were "Microsoft forever"!
What's happened to you? ;-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail