Re: [News] Eric Raymond secretly dumps Linspire

> ____/ [H]omer on Saturday 20 October 2007 10:52 : \____

>> He didn't join until /after/ the Protection Racket deal, so it
>> wasn't that. Hmm.
>
> Not true. It was /before/ deal. :-)

Ah yes, I was confusing the dates that Novell and Linspire joined the
Protection Racket.

Oh well, it seems that even ESR isn't entirely without principles.

Still, it does seem odd that he kept this so quiet, knowing as we do
what a motormouth he is. Maybe Sweaty gave him a Ferrari laptop as a
leaving "gift".

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 12:07:09 up 72 days, 11:02,  3 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.24, 0.24