Re: [News] Microsoft determined to make OLPC a disaster with XP

Kelton <kelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 03:52:39 +0100, [H]omer wrote:

> [ Some snipped content ]
>> |
>> | Let's face it, Windows has become so bloated these days that | running
>> it on an XO is like trying to fit an elephant into a | Volkswagen
>> Beetle.
>> |
> [ Some snipped content ]
>> | Of course, there will be piracy but initially Microsoft will turn a |
>> blind eye until it's time to pay the piper down the track, using |
>> collect-or-money-ware such as Windows Genuine Advantage. |
>> | So what's the alternative? OLPC, if you want your program to | achieve
>> its aims, stick to Linux and don't touch Windows with a 30 | foot barge
>> pole.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=15055&Itemid=1023

> Please pardon my lack of savvy; what do XO and OLPC mean???

One Laptop Per Child.
That $100 laptop they were talkin about for the past... year or so?
Although it's now $170 or so, last I heard.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|            in            |  suck is probably the day they start making     |
|     Computer science     |  vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge            |