COLA Stats: Saturday the 27th of October, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 27th of October, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:41:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.25

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1414 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     468 1194586    11%
   2. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                           118  139782    14%
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 80 1172622     9%
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   51   34346    48%
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   49  131859    47%
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    39   17423    67%
      Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist              39   62508    69%
   8. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                       37   30508    59%
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee             37   44125    64%
  10. Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll       35   37463    58%
  11. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         34   17635    24%
  12. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      29   57977    38%
  13. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        27   28168    56%
  14. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      25   24960    69%
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              25   30734    60%
  16. Ewik FUDenbusch                                   23   23727    56%
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                   21   32193    73%
  18. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   18   51780    25%
  19. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   16   21328    33%
  20. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     14   11247    57%
  21. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               13   18488    65%
      amicus_curious - Troll                            13   16794    54%
  23. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               12   64580    13%
  24. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            10   14326    83%
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                          10   27417    90%
  26. Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>              9   13758    74%
  27. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7    5540    48%
  28. Richard Crowley <rcrowley@xxxxxxxxx>               6    3671    59%
      Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                    6    3499    44%
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                6    7726    46%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'             59  117308
   2. Who uses Linux here, seriously?                          42   51669
   3. zero-day vuln in fully patched Win2K03 ..                38   43144
   4. Microsoft Accepts European Ruling                        32   30585
   5. RIAA attacks Usenet                                      31   33542
   6. This just in: We have a new Number One among compu       29   34667
   7. [News] Another Microsoft victim dumps Vista for Li       20   35401
   8. linux and grub                                           19   16012
   9. 2/3rds of post killed                                    18   10271
  10. [News] Tesco Preinstalls GNU/Linux on PCs!               15   26991
      Devices Lacking Linux Support Needed                     15   20549
  12. Mmhhh.... Something Evil From Redmond Comes              14   15074
  13. WARNING: device driver updates causing Vista to de       13   16715
  14. Microsoft ads bashing linux on Linux.com                 12   12538
      Some states still don't trust Microsoft                  12   42255
      [News] Another Win for GPLv3                             12   23100
  17. [News] The Telegraph Gives Linux a Spot                  11   23555
      what web browser do you prefer?                          11    4096
  19. LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs       10 1035052
      Dell CEO: Linux server sales increasing                  10   12266
      Grumble                                                  10    9944
      Observations on the latest Mandriva                      10   31333
  23. The next series of monopoly complaints                    9   10922
      [News] New Fedora Distro - Vixta                          9   10668
      [News] Mandriva Interview and Good Review in Distr        9   16054
      [News] [Rights] It's over. Net Neutrality is dead.        9   20917
      Bizarre MS website                                        9    7374
  28. Virus infection led me to Ubuntu.                         8    9025
      [News] Groovy way to access MySQL                         8    8977
      [News] OOXML is a Sham. Here's Why.                       8   19065
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    131
   2. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                          102
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                54
   4. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                            46
   5. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  35
   6. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                      32
   7. Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  31
   8. Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll                      29
   9. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                             27
  10. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        26
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   24
  12. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         20
      BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     20
  14. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        19
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             19
  16. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  15
  17. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     14
  18. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       13
  19. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              12
  20. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           11
  21. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    10
  22. amicus_curious - Troll                                            9
  23. Richard Crowley <rcrowley@xxxxxxxxx>                              8
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              8
  25. brian <gaiatechnicianisat@xxxxxxxxx>                              7
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               7
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7
      williampan <panjiangwei@xxxxxxxxx>                                7
  29. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               6
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                          6
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               20  51
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 17   4
   3. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              12  24
   4. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         10  40
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  9  36
      Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                          9  23
   7. Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll                   8  23
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      8  16
   9. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    7  26
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             7   9
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     7  21
  12. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                           6  46
  13. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 5  36
  14. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           4  67
      [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                        4   3
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                         4  11
  17. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                   3   8
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        3  30
      owl <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     3  75
      cc - Shifty MS Apologist                                      3  30
      Richard Crowley <rcrowley@xxxxxxxxx>                          3  50
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     3  19
      Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx>                                      3 100
  24. Anonymous <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     2  50
      Au79 <au79@xxxxxxx>                                           2  67
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2  11
      ZnU - CSMA Refugee                                            2  50
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                           2  17
      amicus_curious - Troll                                        2  15
      skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            2  67
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    154
   2. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                74
   3. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           73
   4. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        70
   5. BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     67
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          66
   7. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              64
   8. AZ Nomad <aznomad.2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         60
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        60
  10. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         59
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  58
  12. Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            57
  13. Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  56
  14. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  55
  15. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           52
  16. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       50
  17. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    43
  18. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     40
  19. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              36
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             36
  21. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   32
  22. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              30
  23. Richard Crowley <rcrowley@xxxxxxxxx>                             27
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           592
   2. slrn                                                            221
   3. Thunderbird                                                     187
   4. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       110
   5. Pan                                                              86
   6. G2/1.0                                                           80
   7. Forte Agent                                                      38
   8. tin                                                              30
   9. 40tude_Dialog                                                    24
  10. Microsoft Windows Mail                                           13
  11. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   12
  12. Netscape                                                          3
  13. Hogwasher/4.3                                                     2
  14. Unison                                                            1
      Microsoft-Entourage                                               1
      Gnus                                                              1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Thoth/1.7.2 (Carbon/OS X)                                         1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats (currently disabled).
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 07:39:01 up 79 days,  6:33,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.02