Re: [News] Another Win for GPLv3

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 00:06 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ chrisv on Friday 26 October 2007 21:10 : \____

>>> Like Linus?
>>
>> Linus needs to wake up too.
>>

> Certainly. After all, the GPL3-cult is right. Even when its wrong

It's not about DRM or TiVo. Linus, by his own admission, concentrates on
technical things and is not entirely aware of the 'politics' outside it all.
The matter of fact that without the GPLv3's protection (e.g. against patents),
the kernel will be hurt and subverted. Hasn't he already seen the
unsubstantiated claims coming from Microsoft and accusing the kernel
of 'infringing'?

He called security expert "insane" a couple of weeks ago, but does he care
enough to know that the whole system around him was made "insane" to knock him
out of the market? FWIW, Alax Cox appears to be supporting GPLv3.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows leaves me peckish
Swap:  1510068k total,   388824k used,  1121244k free,    39796k cached