Re: IBM joins the OpenOffice.org community

After takin' a swig o' grog, John Locke belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:14:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> This looks pretty big to me. IBM is a company not to be underestimated.
> ..I would say that this is a real blow to Microsoft's office campaign.
> Once IBM gets behind Open Office, a lot of people will be taking a look.

IBM's has been behind it for some time, I think.  And, if the blog Erik
quoted previously is a good guide (and I think it is), IBM and Sun made
some missteps that allowed Microsoft to pack the voting gallery,
unmolested.

--
Tux rox!