Re: [News] [OT] Dirty Little Tricks at Facebook-Soft and Dell-Soft

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 14:48 : \____

>> Facebook spills the beans on users
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| There's nothing wrong with the idea of letting people choose to be found
>>| through search engines, but existing users may feel betrayed by Facebook's
>>| opt-out policy.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14346/1054/
>
> I wonder how much they were paid to betray the confidence of their
> user-base?

Many other sites pull the same tricks (sometimes on /me/), but you'd expect
Facebook, being a large company, to be a gentleman about it. Then again,
Facebook is extremely close to Microsoft (I can't stress this strongly enough)
and Microsoft gives s**t about priavcy. I could find you like 20 recent
articles to back this, if needed.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
 15:05:01 up 30 days, 17:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.76, 1.12, 0.95