Re: [News] Protesters Against BBC-Microsoft Corruption Take it to the Street

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> It was on, or about,  Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:30:50 +0100, that as I was
> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

> npaxman125.xml
>>>
>>> Here's that three page withering attack in full ... excellent stuff:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3y2uaw (Telegraph)
>
> Ah, that's it. Thanks, [H]omer.
>
>> Of course, it wasn't the chairman or the DG, as there isn't either of
>> those any more.  We now have, rather ironically named "trustees".  I
>> don't think we can trust them at all, and perhaps they should be renamed
>> "untrustees", which would be far more apt.
>>
>> ... stops to read...
>>
>> Wow!  Excellent speech.
>
> Yes, he *really* laid it on the line. I remarked elsewhere in another
> group, sometime ago, that I thought the BBC had declined since the
> 1980's. Someone said I must be looking back "through rose coloured
> glasses" IIRC. Seems JP has vindicated what I said.

I think that there's always an element of nostalgia in any backwards
look.  The brain is very good at covering up the bad bits!  Even so,
the quality of programming has fallen dramatically, about in line with
the government pushing the BBC to outsource production, basically.  The
funny thing is that we have all these extra channels, but we've stopped
the BBC from making all that good television and radio which they used
to make, so there's even less material to spread across the broadcast
spectra.

And Jeremy Paxman does well.  Gordon Ramsey can't catch his own f*cking
fish :-))