Re: [News] Protesters Against BBC-Microsoft Corruption Take it to the Street

It was on, or about,  Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:30:50 +0100, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:
>>
>>> How about raising it with your MP? And who the *hell* gave anyone at
>>> the BBC the go-ahead to hand over licence payers fees to a *foreign*
>>> company? Did the chairman pass this? Was it the Director-General? Who
>>> is to be held accountable for this, no one?
>>> Jezus H Keeerist, no wonder Paxman likened the BBC to Stalinist
>>> Russia:
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/25/
npaxman125.xml

>> Here's that three page withering attack in full ... excellent stuff:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3y2uaw (Telegraph)

Ah, that's it. Thanks, [H]omer.

> Of course, it wasn't the chairman or the DG, as there isn't either of
> those any more.  We now have, rather ironically named "trustees".  I
> don't think we can trust them at all, and perhaps they should be renamed
> "untrustees", which would be far more apt.
>
> ... stops to read...
>
> Wow!  Excellent speech.

Yes, he *really* laid it on the line. I remarked elsewhere in another
group, sometime ago, that I thought the BBC had declined since the
1980's. Someone said I must be looking back "through rose coloured
glasses" IIRC. Seems JP has vindicated what I said.

--
Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary