Re: [News] Protesters Against BBC-Microsoft Corruption Take it to the Street

  • Subject: Re: [News] Protesters Against BBC-Microsoft Corruption Take it to the Street
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 12:34:02 +0100
  • Blinky-uip: http://improve-usenet.org
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
It was on, or about,  Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:05:52 +0100, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>>> Anti-DRM Protesters call on the BBC to eliminate DRM from the iPlayer
>>
>> And yet strangely the BBC didn't think this protest, which happened
>> right on their own doorstep, was newsworthy. There's no mention of this
>> on the BBC's Website whatsoever ... none.
>>
>> And it's not like the event passed by unnoticed either; apparently some
>> BBC staff leaned out of their Windows and waived cheerily, some
>> shouting support, until a suit ran outside and started shouting at the
>> other staff to close their windows and get back to work. Official
>> comment was sought from a BBC spokesman, but they refused to talk to
>> the protesters, which included representatives from the FSF and the
>> Green Party.
>>
>> The BBC is wrong, and they know they're wrong, which is why they hide
>> in shame.
>>

> Has anyone raised this with the Press Complaints Commission?  For the
> BBC to ignore the threat of legal action from the EU, as well as
> demonstrations regarding their spending of £130Million of licence-fees
> is clearly an abuse of their position, in itself highly suspicious, but
> they are *required* to report news, and they did not.
>
> Anyone know how we raise a complaint about this?

How about raising it with your MP? And who the *hell* gave anyone at the
BBC the go-ahead to hand over licence payers fees to a *foreign* company?
Did the chairman pass this? Was it the Director-General? Who is to be
held accountable for this, no one?
Jezus H Keeerist, no wonder Paxman likened the BBC to Stalinist Russia:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/25/
npaxman125.xml

--
Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary