Re: [News] [Rival] Cash Cows and Monopolitic Abuse Microsoft's Last Chance?

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:16:32 +0100
<1410478.EzUbIxAYYQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Microsoft's XBox360 sales crash in August
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Still, it's entertaining to watch Microsoft get smacked
> | around repeatedly in the marketplace outside of desktop
> | operating systems, especially where it has to compete more
> | on merit than monopolistic ownership.
> `----
>
> http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsofts-xbox360-sales-crash-in.html
>
> Well said. That sums up pretty much the whole situation.

It gets weirder.  I heard an advert on the radio this
morning that promises (1 per household, of course) "free
XBox-360s".  Presumably they're hoping for word-of-mouth
to propel lagging sales.

Good luck.  That "word of mouth" presumably includes the
many failures of XBox-360 units in the field because of
overheating.  My more cynical side suggests that the
ones being given away are refurbished returns.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Woman?  What woman?"