[News] [Rival] Cash Cows and Monopolitic Abuse Microsoft's Last Chance?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Cash Cows and Monopolitic Abuse Microsoft's Last Chance?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:16:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's XBox360 sales crash in August

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, it's entertaining to watch Microsoft get smacked around repeatedly in
| the marketplace outside of desktop operating systems, especially where it has
| to compete more on merit than monopolistic ownership.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsofts-xbox360-sales-crash-in.html

Well said. That sums up pretty much the whole situation.

Wii named fastest-selling console in UK history

,----[ Quote ]
| A representative of Nintendo UK has already proudly stated that the Wii is
| being enjoyed by both avid and new gamers of all ages, and that it's also
| achieving a non-stop sales demand during what it claims is a relatively slow
| sales period for video games in the UK.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/09/03/wii_chart_track/

Related:

Microsoft: XBox 360 Price Drop Won't Fix Broken Strategy

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070809/43985_id.html?.v=1