Re: [News] One Linux Packaging Method to Rule Them (Distros) All

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 September 2007 11:35 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Saturday 25 August 2007 00:16 : \____
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Krzysztof Lubanski spake thusly:

>>> We have a couple of regular Trolls who nym-shift, occasionally using
>>> Eastern Block names, so some of us are just a bit jumpy, that's all.
>>>
>>> You seem like a perfectly reasonable guy to me.
>>
>> Yes, same here. And I saw him posting good stuff before. The name rang a
>> bell.
>>
>> The harm of feeding trolls is well demonstrated here. Even nice people face
>> prejudice because their name is not a familiar one.
>>

> This is what happens when you get abusive people, it results in a
> reduction of trust for everyone.

An observation that I made in some forums yesterday is that Microsoft's abuse
of the ISO has also led to people losing their trust in their authorities. The
damage they have done in many European countries is unrepairable.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
Swap:  1510068k total,   721988k used,   788080k free,    44272k cached