Re: [News] Microsoft Hires "Analysts" to Attack GNU/Linux, Open Source, and Open Standards

7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> New Microsoft-commissioned studies are busting out all over
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Bottom line: Don?t let the interoperability rhetoric coming out of
>> | Redmond fool you. Microsoft?s battle against open-source and ?open
>> | standards? backers is not over. Nor is Microsoft?s policy of
>> | commissioning studies to convince users of the superiority of
>> | Microsoft?s solutions.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=675
>

> Micoshaft Corporation does not sell any interoperability products.
> So it has no clue what interoperability means commercially.

Oh, I have to disagree - they know very well what it means commercially
- it means the lowering of exit barriers, and therefore, an increasing
  likelyhood of customers choosing alternatives.  This is why they pay a
  lot of people to troll usenet with anti-linux and anti-free software
  propaganda.