Re: [News] DRM-free Movies Are Here

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 14 September 2007 09:07 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>>> Headweb offers DRM-less movie downloads using P2P
>>
>> Uses digital watermarks, which looks set to be the new trend in
>> commercial digital media. That's fine with me, as long as it works on
>> GNU/Linux (like Headweb's service).
>>
>> Of course this is Sweden we're talking about (home to The Pirate Bay -
>> bane of the RI/MP/AA's existence). There's nothing /illegal/ about
>> Headweb's service, but you can bet that the media moguls will be
>> flapping in the good ol' U.S. of A. over the prospect of losing
>> subscription-based "rights" to extort money for the same content
>> over and over ... and over again.
>>
>> Hehe.
>>

> I wonder if Ashley Highfield is watching this, and wondering how he will
> continue to justify spending hundreds of millions on something he
> doesn't actually own and never will, which is proving to be quite the
> wrong thing to do anyway?

Microsoft loves and needs DRM. It admitted this is true. The BBC is just a pawn
in Microsoft's chessboard. And guess who is funding that pawn? It's like
brushing up your electric chair before execution. Just watch how Windows
devolves into more of a punishment-imposing machine every iteration.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
 23:00:02 up 4 days, 21:06,  3 users,  load average: 1.88, 1.58, 1.58