Re: [News] [Rival] Windows-centric Companies Fail to Behave, Break the Law

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, John Locke
<johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:57:45 -0700
<7j7ce3hvdtu17ln1fnmcuci7qklnqhv23j@xxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:39:09 +0000 (UTC), Singer <singer42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>>> The "Windows World" Doesn't Get FOSS...(or maybe they do)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/298-The-Windows-World-D
>>> oesnt-Get-FOSS...or-maybe-they-do.html
>>
>>More blogger *proof* of your nutcase statements.
>>How about some real proof Roy?
>>
>>Oh, and why all the Microsoft hate spamming in a Linux group?
> That's easy.  Apparently you've just arrived from outer space.
>
> Microsoft has been on the attack against Linux for months.

More like years. :-)

The first Halloween document was released August 1998.
The highly disputed IDC study ("Get The Facts") was
released in October 2002; a Cybersource update study
was released in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_the_Facts

http://catb.org/~esr/halloween/

> They would like to void the world of Linux if they could. Thus
> many Linux supporters are on the defensive against this highly
> unethical company.

Yep.  It's a pity, admittedly.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
  - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!