Re: [News] A Couple of Months Remain to Eliminate OOXML's ISO for Corruption

* Mark Kent peremptorily fired off this memo:

> OOXML is a highly dangerous thing to all involved.  I suspect that many
> ISO folk are wishing that it had never existed, and even Ecma might be
> just beginning to realise that they've lifted the lid on Pandora's box
> by allowing the standards processes to be corrupted in this way, indeed,
> in Ecma's case, actively aiding that corruption.
>
> The FT article was very amusing, it described the process as being like
> a 3rd-world country's elections.  Personally, I suspect that the
> elections of a great many 3rd world countries are far less corrupt, far
> more open and far more fair than the OOXML process has been.
>
> This is one character stain which Microsoft will not readily clean off.

Nah, they'll just post some articles that include weepy pictures of a
pious Bill Gates, standing with hands folded, a benevolent, slightly
worried expression, like the Dalai Lama.

He'll whine:

   "Microsoft is committed to open standards, and offers you its promise
   to be a good corporate citizen, so that the people can benefit from
   our great software, and we can keep writing great software.

The masses will eat that up.

--
Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the
coffee shop and go to jobs.