[News] GNU/Linux Growth Very Healthy, Despite Microsoft's Past Corruptions

Red Hat gets into the fast lane

,----[ Quote ]
| At a time when all the talk is about economic gloom and doom and the subprime
| mortgage crisis, if a company comes out with figures which indicate the
| growth of services revenue by 29 per cent and subscriptions by 27 percent,
| it's no wonder that the financial analysts start singing hallelujah. The
| breakup for the earnings shows 57 percent coming from North America, 28
| percent from Europe and the Middle East and 15 percent from the Asia-Pacific
| region.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/17471/1090/

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Related:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Microsoft's SEC: