Re: Why Ogg and Not MP3 Format

____/ Doug Mentohl on Monday 14 April 2008 13:53 : \____

> On 14 Apr, 02:15, Linonut wrote:
>
>> > I don't know if WMA infringes, but it's irrelevant given that Microsoft
>> > has MP3 licenses for Windows from Thompson.
>
>> Doh!  I'd forgotten.
>
> Something that quite frankly puzzles me, why does COLAs most venerable
> advocate give a free ride to that TROLL .. ?
>
> Don't you realize yet, that nothing he types is legal, decent honest
> or truthfull .. :)

Sooner or later, Microsoft will never to develop something (read: buy another
failing company) rather than invest in AstroTurfing.

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

                --- Microsoft, internal document
                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

I can also find that Kempin memo where he talks about grassroots. It's illegal
in Europe as far as I know, which is fine because an embargo against Microsoft
is on the Parliament's table at the moment. You do the crime, you do the
time...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"
 15:20:01 up 26 days,  2:29,  4 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.20, 1.35