[News] PCWorld Tells the Difference Between Readers Response to Linux and Windows

  • Subject: [News] PCWorld Tells the Difference Between Readers Response to Linux and Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 02:53:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Gripes, Linux Enthusiasm

,----[ Quote ]
| Readers slam Microsoft Windows and the company in general, share their
| excitement over the next Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,144397-c,linux/article.html

"Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."

                --Paul Maritz, senior vice-president, Microsoft

Yesterday:

Analysts: Windows' monolith design collapsing

,----[ Quote ]
| They also observe that Microsoft's emphasis on a single core for all variants
| on an operating system makes even 2001's Windows XP less practical on some
| platforms. On notebooks such as the Eee PC or Classmate PC, XP consumes twice
| as much storage as custom Linux installations, which ASUS, Intel, and others
| often use to pare down the size of the OS without sacrificing the features
| they need.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/04/09/gartner.on.win.monolith/

Recent: