Re: MS re-energizes embedded partner ecosystem ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Monday 21 April 2008 20:48 : \____

> "Microsoft is renaming its existing embedded Windows operating systems ..
>
> Windows XP Embedded will become Windows Embedded Standard,
>
> Windows Embedded CE will be renamed Windows Embedded Compact
>
> Windows Embedded for Point of Service .. will become Windows Embedded
> POSReady"
>
> "Windows Embedded solutions for key device categories will energize our
> partner ecosystem by enabling new business scenarios and help lay the
> foundation for partners to successfully fulfill our vision of a new
> generation of smart, connected, service-oriented devices."

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Is-Microsoft-Feeling-the-Heat-in-Embedded-Systems-62620.html

Linux should be scared. Microsoft..... has just changed names! Wow!!

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Microsoft Worried Over Linux Dominance In Embedded Space

,----[ Quote ]
| Renames its family of products to target the embedded market.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/26010/news.htm

Who's afraid of embedded Linux? Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Microsoft is fighting a losing battle here. It's like gravity.
| Eventually you just stop fighting and learn to accept it. Even Microsoft.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9919632-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Linux to grow 278% in embedded/mobile/real-time apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux use in "next" embedded, mobile, and real-time projects will grow 278
| percent over that in "previous" projects, suggests a recent survey by Venture
| Development Corp. (VDC).

Microsoft got desperate.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
Tasks: 113 total,   1 running, 112 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie