Re: How I got a Windows Vista refund from HP

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> [...]
>>> http://www.cxolinux.com/linux/jsp/article.jsp?
>> article_id=1393&cat_id=1202
>> [...]
>>> http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/business/2003/0303201315.asp?
>> S=Software&A=SFT&O=FPMS
>>

>> It's unfortunate that globalization allows for products to move around but
>> allows for this kind of "cultural" difference.  I think citizens in most
>> countries want advertising to be fair, and, probably the consensus on that
>> will hold across the board.  Politically, though, the results are mixed :(
>>
> The advertising authorities appear to stamp on this sort of false
> advertising/misrepresentation more in Europe than they do in the US.
> Which, I suppose, is hardly surprising, when you see the tape of Homer's
> about the sickening way US congressmen (?) fawn over M$. Assholes.

As I noted here: http://boycottnovell.com/2008/07/30/joe-barr-obituary/
fairly well down in the text, legislation resulting from globalisation
is not, in the main, in the favour of the customer, consumer or man in
the street, rather, it's tending to be about furthering the position of
global corporates only.

Wouldn't it be great if we could see some of the European values being
exported around the world with respect to the rights of individuals?

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |