Re: [News] Astroturfing by Comcast and Microsoft

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:25:29 -0400, Linonut wrote:
>>
>> There's no real way to get the word out about Microsoft (negative) and
>> Linux (positive) in great numbers.  Relatively few people read the IT
>> press.
>
> Seriously, most of the people I come in contact with, either IT savvy or
> not, do NOT like or trust Microsoft.

Well, I was thinking of Microsoft's business tactics more than technical
merits.

> The problem with people like Roy Schestowitz is that he alienates any
> possible converts he might have had.
> A person on digg put it nicely when he said Roy Schestowitz is to Linux
> advocacy what Pat Robertson is to religion.
> IOW the way over the top approach simply does not work.

I don't dig Digg.

> Is Roy Schestowitz right about some things?  Sure he is.  But what
> happens is the things he is right about end up being clouded and
> discredited by virtue of his lying, self serving lunatic behavior.
>
> Schestowitz simply will not recruit the middle of the road people to Linux
> because they will see him as an idiot with an agenda.
>
> He's like every Linux stereotype in a box.

Surely he is not as bad as you paint.

> And don't kid yourself, Roy Schestowitz has an agenda

Of course he does.

> and I have no doubt that he is being compensated to do all of this
> work.  I've received at least a dozen emails on this but until I have
> some concrete information it will stay undisclosed.

<scary-theremin-sound Mysterious whisperings />

> Let's just put it this way, the same name keeps coming up over and over
> again.

Bilderberger?

Even if by some weird warp in space/time you were completely correct, I
would still bet Roy is peanuts compared to the "opposition".

--
I'm ZIPPY the PINHEAD and I'm totally committed to the festive mode.