Re: [News] Beautiful Plasma Themes, New KDE4 Menu Demo

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:55:01 -0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> 10 Most Beautiful Plasma Themes for KDE 4 Desktop
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The latest series of the K Desktop Environment now utilizes Plasma, a new
>>| desktop and panel user interface tool that aims for a more functional,
>>| user-friendly, and sleek KDE desktop. Plasma also supports Dashboard-like
>>| widgets called plasmoids.
>
> Coyote ugly!
>
> Yuck....

Tastes vary.  They look decent to me.  My only problem is they are
large.

The grayscale desktop is a real tour de force for looks, I think.

Interesting that they support angled images, too.

Vista has nothing on 'em for looks.  (Hell you can even do
app-transparency on a run-of-the-mill machine using xcompmgr.)

Here are some similar items:

   adesklets:
      http://adesklets.sourceforge.net/images/screenshots/sylvain_0.jpg

   gdesklets: