Re: Confession of a Microsoft Shilling Advocate

On 2008-12-27, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:20:30 -0600, Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> On 2008-12-27, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

>>> You miscarachterize the event.  The letters were written with the people's
>>> permission while they were alive, they were then sent to them to sign, but
>>> dying before they could sign them and mail them. Family members crossed out
>>> the dead relatives name and signed them in their own names.
>>>
>>> The actual account is here:
>>>
>>> http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20010823&slug=microlob23
>>>
>>> "Utah officials found two of the pre-fab letters bore the typed names of
>>> dead people. Those names had been crossed out by family members who signed
>>> for them"
>>
>> HA HA HA HA!
>>
>> Here's some more for you if you think that was the extent of it:
>
> Regardless of any extent, it doesn't justify the way Linux advocates
> continually, after many corrections, continue to misrepresent that event.

What's misrepresented? The fact that there were letters form the dead?
Your own link documents it. Probably follows the MICROS~1 whitewash
line, too. But it documents it.

As for my own cynicism about your incessant nit-picking, what about
these?

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,2102244,00.htm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/01/02/ms_struggles_to_discredit_linux/

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-975938.html

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-210063.html

http://lists.essential.org/1998/am-info/msg01529.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/09/26/ms_targets_linux_mac_rivals/

http://www.politechbot.com/p-00612.html

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1001-961994.html?tag=fd_top_3

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Microsoft#Anti-anti-trust_PR

http://humorix.org/articles/2000/07/fin-raid/

http://tinyurl.com/a74msp

They have a history of fake grass roots. I personally couldn't care
less if it was two dead people with an unbelievable explantion, or 200
hundred dead people and only two could be explained away. The fact is,
they're a criminal enterprise with a penchant for fraud of mojor
proportions on the phony grass roots front.

Of course, you're quibbling with numbers. But the very article you
pasted says "at least two" not "only two". More than that, the
explanation given was for those two, not any others that may have
existed and were not mentioned.

> Just because it's Microsoft doesn't make it ok to Lie.

Then stop it!

--
Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance, it's what makes America great!
-- Frank Zappa