[News] Voice Synthesiser Comes to GNU/Linux

Wizzard launches AT&T's Text-to-Speech version for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Wizzard Software, a provider of speech technology applications, has announced
| the availability of version 4.2 of AT&T Natural Voices Text-to-Speech for
| Linux.
`----

http://appdev.cbronline.com/news/wizzard_launches_att_new_text_to_speech_version_for_linux_241208

"everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word."

                                        --Ed, c.o.l.a.

Recent:

Discovery - VSTi Analog Synthesis For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Years ago one of Linux's finest audio software developers suggested that I
| should keep a watchful eye on the Windows/Mac music software scene. I took
| that suggestion to heart and joined a variety of Windows/Mac-centric lists
| and forums. I've been able to run many Windows/Mac music programs under the
| Wine emulator, so my participation has gone beyond mere lurking.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/discovery-vsti-analog-synthesis-linux

Related:

Audio/Visual Synthesis: The New Arts, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| In this second part of my survey I focus on the tools that achieve this new
| synthesis of arts. Alas, due to space constraints I am unable to include all
| the software I would like to have reviewed, but perhaps a future article will
| deal with those programs. Meanwhile, I present to my readers these brief
| profiles of Pd, Fluxus, and AVSynthesis. Each of these programs takes a
| different approach to the practical concerns of blending images (moving or
| still) with sound (realtime or recorded).
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-new-arts-part-2

Audio/Visual Synthesis For Linux: The New Art, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| As mentioned above, my focus has been on software intended for creative
| artists, with an emphasis on realtime or near-realtime processing
| capabilities. I have purposefully ignored Cinelerra, Blender, and other
| similar applications that are better understood as video sequence editors and
| compositors, though they share some of the tools and techniques of the
| software I'll profile in the next part of this article. Until then, hasta la
| vista (y la sonida) !
|
| [...]
|
| As mentioned above, my focus has been on software intended for creative
| artists, with an emphasis on realtime or near-realtime processing
| capabilities. I have purposefully ignored Cinelerra, Blender, and other
| similar applications that are better understood as video sequence editors and
| compositors, though they share some of the tools and techniques of the
| software I'll profile in the next part of this article. Until then, hasta la
| vista (y la sonida) !
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-linux-new-art-part-1

Give Me 3 Synths, Part 3