Re: [News] Another German City DOES NOT Migrate to Ubuntu GNU/Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> "Chris Ahlstrom" <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> Is that all you read in your newspaper?  The headlines?
>
> I rarely read the paper these days. This past Sunday we picked up a copy of
> the paper but otherwise it's been at least a year. I can get more up to date
> news from multiple sources on the web. Why would I want to read what the
> news was at midnight the day before on some dead trees?

We get the paper, but all I read is Dilbert and the Sunday ads.

Too tedious!

> But back to the point... I don't only read headlines but when I do read the
> headline it's supposed to accurately represent what the article actually
> says. If there's an article with the headline 'Scientists discover life on
> Mars' then dammit... that better be the jist of the article. It's simply a
> lie if the article is nothing more than 'Researchers think there's a
> possibility that life once existed on Mars.'

So you think Roy is a National Enquirer?

(Anyway, I think Roy can always improve what he does.  Better to have no
news than fake news and a sensational headline.  I tend to agree with his
leanings, though -- I don't trust Microsoft much anymore.  In fact, if you
read Lawrence Lessig the whole consumer computing industry, including the
internet, is rapidly coming under complete business control.)

--
Uncertain fortune is thoroughly mastered by the equity of the calculation.
		-- Blaise Pascal